Re: [OM] OM 5Di

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 5Di
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 07:35:09 +0200
Ah, how we all dream about a digital version of the OM-3Ti, yes.
I wish Olympus, like Nikon, would once in a while bring out a camera
for it's fans. Alright, so NIkon has not done a digital retro camera,
but they have brought out a couple of recent film models (SLR and
Range Finder) which surely could not really have been profitable.

Anyway, for the picture you linked to, I don't think one could expect
in-camera IS in an OM body for a FF 35mm sensor. There is probably
simply
no space. But who cares when we have f/2.0 glass all around
(from 21mm to 250mm) in the OM system?

I have yet one day to get my hands on a 21/2.0, but otherwise I love
having f/2.0 from 24mm to 250mm with quite regularly spaced intervals
except at the long end. If I can get away with shooting film in all
conditions, having a digital sensor behind these babies should be
even more versatile.

But, to be honest, at this stage I would take a normal OM-3Ti, a huge
roll of Pan F, and enough time to spend in the darkroom, over a
fictitious OM-5Di any day :-)