[OM] New OS vs Old Hardware---- Correction

Subject: [OM] New OS vs Old Hardware---- Correction
From: Rand E <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:33:19 -0500
Correction
 I just re-read my original post and spotted a typo.
The scanner that I have is a Minolta Scan Dual III, and not a Minolta Scan Dual II. That being said, I doubt that it really changes anything in the intent of the original post.

I recently upgraded my computer to Win 7 64-bit. In general there were no problems with programs or drivers - In General. My one major problem was the driver for my Minolta Scan Dual II slide/film scanner, results as follows: First of all, the original driver is not acceptable by my new OS, just won't work. I had bad thoughts like new scanner required. Minolta no longer owns that segment of the business, so no support from them.
 New owner didn't make it and has no intention of supporting it.
I now was faced with the possibility of having to retrograde my OS just to scan my slides. Having a second OS just to run one program didn't seem attractive to me.

I noticed, on an old trial copy of Vuescan, that I had noted that it had it's own driver. I went to the Vuescan site and downloaded a trial version of the latest program.
My problem is now solved, the included driver works fine in Win7 64-bit.
Rand E

02:52:00