Re: [OM] OT - recommendation for a simple password controlled file encry

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - recommendation for a simple password controlled file encrypter
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 17:37:29 -0500
I forgot Winzip is not free.  But I found something else that is free
and seems to work very well.  It operates by attaching itself to the
context menu on file dialogs.  A right click on one or more file name
selections allows encrypting or decrypting and can produce a copy or a
replacement.  I've only tried one file but I have been impressed so far.
  It seems fast and efficient.  A few other things I tried had obvious
bugs and/or left some detritus around.  This one is polished.

Try <http://www.axantum.com/>  recommended.

Chuck Norcutt