Re: [OM] Adieu for the weekend

Subject: Re: [OM] Adieu for the weekend
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 16:01:22 -0800
Ken Norton wrote:
> Sounds like a good time for all. We do similar stuff in our church
> organization, so I can appreciate the time of spiritual (however each of us
> defines that), emotional and physical rejuvinization.

Many of the retreat centers & summer camps around here, as I imagine
elsewhere, are or were church owned and developed long ago. We are going
to an Episcopal center/camp developed around 1900, but the event isn't
church affiliated. Lovely place with Arts & Crafts style buildings.

I don't know if you know, but surveys show the fastest growing
'religious' group in the US is "spiritual but not religious". You can
tell because it's such a hot topic at Seminaries. It is the subject of
the annual Earl Lectures and workshops at the Pacific School of Religion
this January. I'm thinking I'll be there.

I'm sure many of those at this retreat will fall into that category, as
well.

> Oh, please take a few new shots of the redwoods or whatever. I, for one, like
> to see what's new in your neighborhood.

Thanks! The G11 is coming along. We shall see what happens.

Moose