Re: [OM] The Eye In The Woods

Subject: Re: [OM] The Eye In The Woods
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 15:43:06 -0800
I too thought perhaps you had used a green filter. I like the subjects
and compositions of these last few images from Big Basin, but find the
tonalities and texture of the foliage odd and unnatural looking.

This and the next image in the gallery were taken at Henry Cowell
Redwoods SP, just a little down the way from Big Basin.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Miscellaneous&image=_MG_0441cr.jpg>

Although taken with a DSLR and converted to B&W (Ken falls to floor,
starts to kick and pound with feet and fists while screaming in a
tantrum.), They seem to my eye to much more accurately represent the
tonalities of redwood forest in mixed sun and shadow.

I'd be interested to see/hear how your images look wet printed.

Moose