Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 46: Algar and Pedreguer

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 46: Algar and Pedreguer
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 22:10:19 +0100
Le 1 déc. 09 à 22:01, Moose a écrit :

> Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>> Thanks! As always, it is an honor to have one of my images deemed
>> worthy of the Moose's time. In this case, I find your version a bit
>> overdone, but obviously you are working off a web-sized JPEG with
>> the limitations that this entails.
>>

> Thanks for the thanks, and I'm glad you understand the limitations.
> There's also a limit to the amount of time and effort I find
> worthwhile
> expending on a limited source file.
>
> I mostly mess with images like this for my own learning and
> amusement. I
> really owe a lot of gratitude to those on this list for posting so
> many
> different sorts of images and either enjoying or at least tolerating
> what I do to them. To the extent that I've learned to  make PS, et.al.
> sing and dance at least a little, a great deal of the learning is
> due to
> working with images I'd never have had on my own.
>
> That said, the alternate visions of small JPEGs like this that I post
> are almost never meant as final statements. The limitations you
> mention
> and I typed above make that impossible. They are meant more as
> indicators, idea sparkers, of what is possible. I admit I get a thrill
> when someone gets new ideas about what is possible in their images and
> successfully applies them.
>
> I sometimes get frustrated when I post something meant, and I say
> so, to
> illustrate only one thing, then get posts about how other aspects
> aren't
> right. Not enough to stop me, it appears. :-)
>
> And then there's the differences in what we see on our various
> systems.
> I'm sometimes convinced that many differences of opinion about images
> like this would lessen or disappear if we were looking at the same
> monitor. :-)

Agreed

If I may intrude.

And as a newcomer I do appreciate your input and I wish I were as PS-
abled as you are.
I prefer Nathan's photo after your delicate paw touched it, and is
what I had virtually seen when I suggested the BW conversion.
Of course, I'm only speaking for meself.
Bien cordialement de Metz
Philippe