Re: [OM] P&S - narrowed the list

Subject: Re: [OM] P&S - narrowed the list
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 08:24:41 +0000
And Nathan and I use the LX3.  I am very happy with mine: in particular the
wide (24mm), the variable format (3:2, 4:3 or 16:9), and the results are very
good.  And it is small enough to fit easily into a jacket pocket: a delightful
little device all round

My only whinge is that Mac users (iPhoto or Aperture) can't use RAW direct.
But you get SilkyPix with the LX3 to interpret the RAW files and ACR works
anyway for Photoshop and LightRoom.  In addition, Picasa and LightZone on the
Mac do a great job with the RAW files.

I am tempted to get the G11 as well, but it would be a large expenditure (in
the UK) and I would have to sell my E-420, with which I am very happy.

Chris