Re: [OM] Y'all are purty smart....

Subject: Re: [OM] Y'all are purty smart....
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:11:35 -0800
Russ Butler wrote:
> Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>
>> You'll probably have to buy something older and used to get something as
>> small as 8MP  :-)
>>

> & isn't that a bummer.

Chuck may have been a bit premature, as the two I linked to are 7 and 8 mp.

> I wonder if is there is anything to be gained IQ wise by shooting at less
> than max res on a digital p&s?

Nope. Shoot at full size, least compression and downsize for smaller needs.

Last of the prior generation that emphasized IQ over MPs were the Fuji
F10, 11, 30, 31fd. First of the (we hope) new generation is the Canon
G11. The Fujis aren't inexpensive used, nor the Canon new.

Oddly enough, I now have F10, F30 and G11. ;-)

Moose