Re: [OM] Knesss, was IMG: Friday Flower from Jim N.

Subject: Re: [OM] Knesss, was IMG: Friday Flower from Jim N.
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:49:15 -0200
After 24 years of being called so, the consensual validity may have some credit.
Ten years before starting the count of those 24, I studied (and still
do) medicine and other interesting things (like photography, for
example).
There's an area of psychiatry, sometimes called 'liason psychiatry'
('interconsulta', here), into which I'm called upon to 'conflict' with
the views of other doctors in medicine. I do this quite often, and
very often when teaching at Hospital before year 2000.
Thus, I keep in contact with some other areas of medicine, and while
at it, I read everything which has been written: regarding the
situation I was called upon and beyond. I learn while doing this, and
if I find something I cannot reason by myself I try to ask, and if it
is very interesting I do a little research by myself before, and check
out later. Also, I work for 24 hours a week at an specialized
hospital, where other doctors in medicine are also needed, and listen
when they talk, and pose questions when I don't understand.

Certainly, I don't talk too much with orthopaedic surgeons - I found
they have to talk little and act timely.
But very frequently I had to listen to dentists, my ears as open as my mouth.
On this issue I think that two types of bacteriemia are considered as
if they were the same: ultrasonic preventive treatment of
periodontitis (which I had in mind when I wrote what I did before; a
very common procedure) and the removal of dental pieces and similar
procedures, when a high volume bacteriemia will happen. In the latter,
a single dose protocol should be more appropriate: just as using
insecticide before the mosquitoes get hidden into the curtains, while
still flying. Into such a tissue (alike the bones), they are sheltered
from insecticide action.

Fernando.