[OM] Camera suggestions #2

Subject: [OM] Camera suggestions #2
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:50:37 -0500
A friend recently asked me to suggest  a first DSLR as a P&S upgrade.
I keep missing his calls to clarify his requirements  but seems mostly
family duty type stuff.
No current interest in RAW files it appears, though he is leaving the
door open.  Hunt Photo was suggesting Nik 3000D.  A quick review
doesn't put it top on the list for me, but I don't really know that
market.  They took out the ED elements on the kit lens and made it VR.
Soft wide open at tele end-ugh.
What's wrong with an E-620 in this market? I'd put it way up there, I
think.  Canyon's rebel of the month seems a bit overpriced.  Not sure
of Sony's offering, but no DOF preview,
or mirror LU, but perhaps that is no biggie here.  The Nik 5000d looks
more interesting for not much more.
As long as the list camera suggestion thinking cap is on, though I'd
ask.  Thanks for any comments. Oh, he is not opposed to used in good
condition, I don't think.

Mike