Re: [OM] Tinkering with a f1.8 Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] Tinkering with a f1.8 Zuiko
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 08:00:18 -0500
Is it old style 1.8 or one of the 2 multicoated versions?  If MC, it's
most likely oily on the blades, in the ring the blades ride on and oil
in the coupling rings at the back of the lens.  They usually need
complete disassembly, take blades out and thoroughly degrease all the
parts the blades touch. I use "Blow Off" brand delicate parts cleaner.

http://www.blowoff.com/

I bought a case years ago, I think it's now known as contact cleaner or
electrical parts degreaser.

I think blades stack clockwise (they really only go in one way) then the
last blade gets tucked under the first blade.
John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977