Re: [OM] Ah--reminders

Subject: Re: [OM] Ah--reminders
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:02:42 -0500
I use the camera the same way out of bright daylight.  It does not focus
well in dim light but has tremendous depth of field.  Shooting such
things as wedding receptions becomes easy.  At the camera's 28mm
equivalent focal length (7.2mm) and f/5.6 the hyperfocal distance is 3.7
feet.  Just switch to manual exposure, manual focus, focus an object
about 4 feet away, tape the lens so it doesn't move and shoot all night
long with everything from 2 feet to infinity in focus with zero shutter
lag.  Even at 50mm equivalent you can shoot at f/5.6 prefocused at 12
feet and catch everything from 6 feet to infinity.

Chuck Norcutt