Re: [OM] ( OM ) A wandering camera - E-1 this time

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) A wandering camera - E-1 this time
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:40:45 +1300
Chuck wrote

> They respond well to a
> > simple adjustment of the black point in levels.

What program has the controls you refer to, Chuck?

It's morning here, and soon I'm going out for much of the day. Maybe tonight
I will upload some of the worst of the uncorrected images, so you can see
what I started with.

Remember, I was walking around nearly non-stop, and took at least 60
images in 40 minutes. A  LOT of images for me. I did not stop at any point
and "chimp" what I had just taken, except twice to show the two stall-holders
the shots I had just taken of them with their permission (having explained
about this group, etc).

>From my simple perspective, using FastStone, loss of some intensity of
black was a small price to pay for making the whole image overall, more
"legible".

Brian Swale.