Re: [OM] Adventures in raw processing WAS: Who in the world writes this

Subject: Re: [OM] Adventures in raw processing WAS: Who in the world writes this junk?
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:52:10 +0100
I guess it all comes back to what you consider real editing ;-)
In my current mindset, anything I can do in ACR on the raw file without
having to save a copy in tif/psd/... counts as part of the non-destructive
pre-processing.  I know LR has pushed the envelope a bit in this respect.
Correcting exposure, white balance, cropping, straightening/levelling are
all in that category for me.  I like to add more lens corrections
(barrel/pincushion/perspective) too.  All these 'edits' are in the range of
what I consider acceptable 'manipulation'.
Jez