Re: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw so

Subject: Re: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 11:57:48 -0500
According to Ken's statement of some days back
This is one of those things that is just far enough out of the ordinary
that everybody gets messed up on it initially. Some converters never do
resolve the issue. It took the better part of a year before Adobe
satisfactorily fixed ACR when the E-1 came out. Everything was all honky
dory until Adobe built the DNG converter and promptly broke the whole
thing again and it took a while for them to fix it all over again (and
according to some tests, it still isn't resolved).
ACR would have had the problem fixed some time about June 2004 (a year
after the E-1 was announced).  But I do find this whole thing somewhat
curious.  If the bug is failure to interpret the RGBG pattern for
correct demosaicing how is it that the problem only seems to occur in
very bright highlights and only when converting directly to JPEG.
Sounds like a pretty ordinary bug to me and not something systemic
driven by the Bayer pattern.

Got some more documentation to convince
a skeptical Chuck Norcutt