Re: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this, junk? - Raw

Subject: Re: [OM] ACR in PSE 8.0 was: Who in the world writes this, junk? - Raw software rant.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 14:27:03 -0800
Joel Wilcox wrote:

> Yessir, I use it open into Studio and then use Studio to save a TIFF which in
> turn open in PS.  It's a great workflow for me.  There are a few more clicks
> than I would like to have to make over and over in Studio, but that's on
> Studio not FS.  I think I first learned about FS from one or the other of you
> and I appreciate it!

Speaking of FastStone, and how useful it is, I want to mention how
through Canon's support of its image formats is.

When I recently had a couple of newer version CR2 files from a 5DII in a
directory I looked at with Windows Explorer, a window popped up to
remind me to update my Canon image codec (or whatever it's called) to
support the new files. Click on the link, download and install and I had
proper thumbnails of the new files and the Windoze Image viewer could
display them.

I'd sort of forgotten that the reason I could see thumbnails of my Canon
RAW files was a Canon provided add-on.

For those Canon RAW users on Windoze without it, I recommend it.

Moose