Re: [OM] E-P1 hands-on report - AG Schnozz Style

Subject: Re: [OM] E-P1 hands-on report - AG Schnozz Style
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 08:32:43 +1100
Not quite - the Summicron was single coated, the Rokkor multi-coated.
Each has its fans. The 40/2 has to be modified slightly to bring up
the 35mm viewfinder frame on an M8. I did it myself easily - you just
need to cut away part of a mount 'tooth' with a Dremel. Otherwise it
brings up the 50mm frame.
Minolta also made a 28mm for the body which is also excellent. It
tends to develop a 'white spot' rash around the front element but I
had one so affected where the rash just went away over a few months.
It doesn't effect the image anyway.
The CL and CLE lenses are much underrated. Some will tell you that the
cams are wrong for a proper Leica M but as far as I can tell, that's
nonsense. It's been suggested that it is
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx