Re: [OM] at the limits of my maths

Subject: Re: [OM] at the limits of my maths
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:28:13 -0200
Still not completely awake. :-(

*_Wrote an error_*: required size in centimeters is 110 cm =
43.307086614173228346456692913386 inches (or
43,303333333333333333333333333349 as Nathan, Moose, Ken, Chuck rounded
up, corrected from 120 to 110 cm.).
Am I right so far?

I'm pasting the requirements in Spanish, then I'll feed Google Translator.
I was working on the 16bit .tif, still not considering the 1MB
requirement - same as resolution, that's not an issue.

Problem is that I cannot resize it to meet both 1024 px. _and_ 110 cm
before downsampling to .jpg

If specs cannot be met, that would be funny because requirements are
established by one of the most important Banks in Europe. :-) :-) :-)

I'm never sure if I'm dreaming or not, but we can discuss this later. Seriously.

Just in case, I'm pasting as said:

"Cada foto debe estar en formato .jpg, no pesar más de 1 MB y no medir
más de 1024 px en su lado más grande.

MUY IMPORTANTE: deberá tener calidad suficiente para su impresión.
Para ello, es imprescindible que cumpla los siguientes requisitos
técnicos: una calidad mínima de 80 d.p.i. a un tamaño de 110 cm en su
lado más grande. Todas aquellas fotografías que no cumplan este
requisito podrán ser rechazadas por la organización."

And as Google translates:

·"Each photo should be in. Jpg, although not more than 1 MB and not
measure more than 1024 px on its largest side.

VERY IMPORTANT: It must have sufficient quality for printing. It is
therefore imperative that meets the following technical requirements:
a minimum quality of 80 dpi to a size of 110 cm at its largest side.
All those pictures that do not meet this requirement may be rejected
by the organization."

TIA

Fernando.