Re: [OM] Geocoding images [was A Few From Acadia National Park]

Subject: Re: [OM] Geocoding images [was A Few From Acadia National Park]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 13:46:28 -0700
Jim Couch wrote:
> Moose,
>
> How is the battery life on the I-gotU geotagger? The problem I have run into
> with most of these units is that they will eat a set of batteries a day, a
> real pain when one is in the mountains for more than a couple of days.

The settings page gives the following battery life estimates for a full
charge:

1-6 sec. = 10 hrs.
7-10 sec. = 20 hrs.
11-20 sec. = 30 hrs.
21-40 sec. = 60 hrs.
41-60 sec. = 70 hrs.
2 min. = 100 hrs.
3 min. = 120 hrs.
The table doesn't to go beyond 120 hrs. @ the maximum 99 minute
interval, but in actual practice it may do so, especially with Battery
Saving enabled.

If you remember to turn it on and off as needed, you should be able to
get useful tracking info for several days out of a charge.

Also, there are adapters for charging USB devices from AA batteries, but
that gets you back to carrying extra weight.

For bicycling, you can set it for longer tracking interval when still or
walking and shorter interval when moving faster.

Moose