Re: [OM] (OT) A Few From Acadia National Park

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) A Few From Acadia National Park
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 01:54:20 -0700
Joel Wilcox wrote:

> I like MG 8239ia a lot:
>
> http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=NorthEast_2009/MtDesert/LittleHunter&image=_MG_8239ia.jpg
>
> I like how it comes across in two dimensions.  The lower right corner looks
> soft, so I gather you were looking down into a wash and DOF didn't quite
> cover the foreground/ledge?

Glad you like it. I think the lack of scale clues may have fooled you. I
don't think the whole frame is more than about five feet across, maybe
less. Now that I have your comment, I can see it as 3D and
larger/deeper. The main subject is rather level, but the darker shadows
at the back and rising rock behind give the sense of depth.

It was really quite dark, although 'proper' exposure makes it seem
lighter. Just not quite enough DOF. In retrospect, I should probably
have tried one at 1/30, trusting in the IS and getting a smaller aperture.

Moose