Re: [OM] IMG: One Last Bloom

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: One Last Bloom
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 22:13:07 +1000
I like that, Jim. It reminds me a bit of some large, heavy oil
paintings I see at the local Eumundi markets. I like the bits that are
sharp, the bits that have blur, the richness of colour in the red and
the gentleness of the green; I like the two stalks (one sharp, one
blurred) shooting up to the right and holding and lifting the 2/3 main
part of the composition to their left while segregating and softening
to the right what might be "messy" if it wasn't so constrained, and so
is instead actually of further interest without being a distraction
and the blue of foliage in the far background; I like the
bright-to-white sky; hey, I even like what seems to be some sharpening
halos around the petals.

It's all...interesting, in a good way. Thanks.

Cheers,
Marc