Re: [OM] some Fall shots

Subject: Re: [OM] some Fall shots
From: Russ Butler <rbinnj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 16:57:36 -0400
Joel Wilcox wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Russ Butler <rbinnj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've been shooting a lot during the foliage season here in NJ.
>>
>> Here are some samples that I hope you enjoy.
>> Comments & critiques welcomed and appreciated.
>>
>> http://nfs.nfshost.com/pics/09/Fall09L.html
>
> I like the first shot of the purple flower.  What is it?  Not sure
> I've ever seen anything like it.
>
> Back-40 maple is great and tree roots.  Thanks for sharing.
>
> Joel W.

Thanks for looking and the compliments.

I hadn't seen that flower either until this year. It came up along an
old railroad bed in late Sept. I usually ride along that rr bed on my
dirtbike but this year I've walked it more often. Always find something
new and interesting.

Like these that came out last May for about a week:
http://nfs.nfshost.com/pics/09/9E15/12.HTM
http://nfs.nfshost.com/pics/09/9E15/15.HTM

My research assistant (wife) id'd those as red columbines but hasn't
id'd the fall, purple/violet ones yet. I'll have to get after her :-)

Back-40 maple was a full auto shot: self timer, kiron 28-105 @28 & inf.,
prolly ~f11, set by tree base, walk away and wait a bit :-) Hadn't ever
done that but figured "what the hell."

--
Russ Butler (NJ USA)