Re: [OM] Bronx Seņorita

Subject: Re: [OM] Bronx Seņorita
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 17:46:38 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Moose"

> This was a grab shot. I'd taken a couple of shots of her in the store
> with the A650 (in next post). Then I saw her walking toward the exit
> with some others, so I thought she'd left. Then as I approached some
> stairs down to a lower lawn, I saw her standing in that classic, pensive
> pose. I just raised the camera and shot. I had been playing with f16
> with some flowers for DOF and didn't have time to change anything. With
> an IS lens, though, 1/60 isn't bad for 135 mm.

Ah! IS .... I through you were still using the old Tamron 28-300.

> I know you like sRGB, but I don't. I had a lot of problems with
> converting my aRGB images to sRGB for the web. Reds and oranges too
> often went funny. Once FireFox and IE joined Safari by becoming color
> profile aware, I simply started putting images up on the web in aRGB. On
> my screen, the web images look just like what I see in PS, which is what
> I want. If you are using a browser that's not color profile aware, all
> my images for the past several months will be at least a little off.

I have no problem with aRGB as long as the result is good, I just don't use
it myself, your image is fine under PS. I'm still using IE7, I think it does
not recognize profile. My first generation of JPEG is sRGB so it does not
involve any aRGB to sRGB conversion process.

C.H.Ling