Re: [OM] Bronx Señorita

Subject: Re: [OM] Bronx Señorita
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 14:52:16 -0700
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Was it Walt that had the neighbor who on occasion sun bathed in the back yard
> or was it the Moose?

It was Walt. And the image I posted is indeed of that neighbor, as
originally posted by Walt.

> Regardless of which it is,  I have some  wonderful images in my head of
> beautiful ladies in Berkeley in 1966 and  67.

I was there, as well, as I have been for all of Berkeley's times since
shortly after VJ day, but for a few months in 1950. I'm not so sure the
women there in the mid 60s were inherently more attractive than some
other places, but the way they dressed and acted was new and exciting. :-)

Berkeley women were reputed to have better legs than those of other
universities due to the hilly campus.

> I also have some images of myself stored in the same place of me in my
> sailor suit shopping in the co-op.  Always caught a look or two and the
> folks were always civil. Those were the days!

I too was sometimes seen in Berkeley in a sailor suit from 66-72, as I
joined the Coast Guard  reserves in 66 to avoid the risk of the "kill or
be killed" lottery being held in SE Asia at the time. Never had any
trouble over the uniform.

The Co-op managed to use political infighting and exceptional
mismanagement to overcome great good will and support in the community
and die an ignominious death many years ago.

Moose