Re: [OM] OT: Why are the Mamiya Lenses so good?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Why are the Mamiya Lenses so good?
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:51:39 -0400
If you got overall softness from a Mamiya lens, you had lenses that had been
abused to the point of messing up the element spacing. Or you were
handholding the camera...the RB is just too big and heavy for that. I've
never seen a Mamiya lens that was 'overall soft'. I have done most of my
best work on a Mamiya 645 Super with a set of four Mamiya lenses. Mine were
all the latest N seies lenses, which were said to be better in most cases
than the earlier ones, so that colors my perspective a bit, but they were
very good. Not as good as the Zeiss lenses on my Hasselblad, which are
sharper in the corners and have less distortion than the M645 lenses, but
the 645 lenses were not bad.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography