Re: [OM] E-P1 hands-on report - AG Schnozz Style

Subject: Re: [OM] E-P1 hands-on report - AG Schnozz Style
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 00:17:42 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>

> From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>Based on the results I obtained with the OM wides on 5D II, I don't think
>>the angle of incidence really made a big trouble to the edge image
>>quality,
>
> However, in SLRs the angle of incidence would be much less of a problem,
> since the larger register rarely makes it go over 30 degrees or so.

It was an old topic, Olympus claimed it is a problem for other
manufacturer's lenses, their 4/3 lenses will improve that.

>>The incidence angle of DZ doesn't seems much better than the old OM
>>lenses,
>>it can be seen from the small diameter of the rear lens element of the DZ
>>lenses.
>
> Again, they have to cover a smaller circle, so a bit less diameter is
> actually needed.

Olympus claimed they improve the corner performance by reducing the angle of
incidence to the sensor (or even try to make it parallel), a parallel beam
require rear element as larger as the sensor diameter but we didn't see
that.

C.H.Ling