[OM] IMG: Salon de la Photographie - Paris - Birding & Seniorita inclusi

Subject: [OM] IMG: Salon de la Photographie - Paris - Birding & Seniorita inclusive
From: Philippe Amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 15:50:46 +0200
Shot yesterday afternoon at the Paris photo fair.
I visited Leica, Oly, and Pana of course.

(Canon was shooting video outside with the 7D).

Leica: I tried a couple of questions: no R planned, not even the
souvenir of some promise of an 'adequate' solution for R users ...
No S2 on show either; my conclusion is that French pros might be worse
off than their fellows in other countries, and amateurs are broke enough
not to consider it any time, anyway, anyhow, I guess.

Oly: tried the Pancake 20 mm - small and cool, could be 1.4 though, and
somewhat sharper?
The staff had no idea if Oly will even ever launch a successor to the
E3. ... they were there just to try and sell the EP and 620 ...

Pana's Ideas for life to my mind stole the show. People were really
compact whatever their gear, around the G baits.
I pity the four captives pictured here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Photoshow-Paris-2009-1130391.jpg.html
( click on right arrow to see more, and/or on the rectangles above to
enlarge).

All quick and dirty shots, sorry.
Best from Metz
Philippe