[OM] The hackers are at it again --Magiclantern hack--OM 5D11

Subject: [OM] The hackers are at it again --Magiclantern hack--OM 5D11
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:42:22 -0400
They borowed some strategy/code form CHDK of course.  It is mostly for
video though the DOF calculator with hyperfocal distance is nice.  I
like that on the G9.  It does NOT alter the firmware.  So far over 2000
downloads and no reported trouble.  I suspect the live histo with video
will be fouled up putting a Zuiko on the front.  Too bad they haven't
ported all the scripts for the P&S series for DSLR's. No port of
CHDK for the G10 yet but most of the flavors of the firmware have been
downloaded.    There is a developers page for the OM 5D classic put not
much done as far as I can see.  I kinda liked the video link I put at
the end.

What the hey are automated focus pulls?

A Seldom Video, Mike

http://www.cinema5d.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=4589 ;

 Release 0.1.6

After a month of development and testing, release 0.1.6 is finally
ready! Some of the new features:
New audio menu

  * Custom cropmarks bitmap file
  * Live histogram while recording
  * Time remaining estimate indicator
  * Automated Focus pulls
  * Focus stacking
  * HDR exposure bracketing
  * Lens data (hyperfocal distance, DOF, etc)
  * Cleaner, multi-level menus that timeout automatically
  * Audio monitoring can be turned off during clip review
  * Internal mic can be used (must enable audio.mic-power=1 in config)
  * Output audio volume control
  * Configuration file can be saved to magiclantern.cfg

http://www.canon5dtips.com/2009/08/magic-lantern-update-with-rack-focus/