Re: [OM] A new born baby

Subject: Re: [OM] A new born baby
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:04:32 +0100
Michael Wong wrote:
> A new member was born in my family. The baby is a girl & her name is Tracy.
> In Chinese society, there is a celebration for the new born baby upon the
> baby was born for one month. Family members would go to a small party for
> celebration. How's the western countries to celebrate a new born baby?
>
> http://images1.fotop.net/albums6/MichaelWong/Tracy_20090821/IMG4024_Elmarit90.jpg
>

> ---
> Michael

Lovely mum and baby shot. Why do we dress them up like that? ;-)

Last celebration I was at was on a diving ship in Leith Harbour, which
was very convenient (huge fridge...), helideck for barbecue and dancing,
no neighbours to be disturbed by the noise, baby down in the captain's
quarters out of earshot.

Everyone visited the little mite and 'crossed its palm with silver',
collected quite a bit of cash in the end.

American culture has taken over a bit here in UK, everyone seems to be
having 'baby showers' now, whatever they are.

D.

--
I'm a Mac, but I'm happy with my PC.