Re: [OM] Coumadin story

Subject: Re: [OM] Coumadin story
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:03:13 -0400
  I agree Clay, it would be unusual to have this severe a reaction if he was
properly dosed with coumadin. It is common practice to give coumadin in the
immediate postoperative period to people who had been on coumadin prior to
surgery and had it temporarily withdrawn before surgery. Bill's story sounds
more like a DIC-type reaction.

Charlie