Re: [OM] Leica X1

Subject: Re: [OM] Leica X1
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 07:46:16 +1100
Only seen (not handled) a non-operational design prototype - don't
expect it before Christmas.
Image quality seems to defecate on the Sigma from a great height - or
so they say.
Effective 35mm on APS-C sensor, 12mp. Looks like a couple of the late
film compacts.
Someone said it was ugly? It's bloody gorgeous with the rounded end
look harking back to the screw mount Leicas.
2.7" display with nice M9 style menus.
Nothing was said about accessory lenses (and I asked - smile and
shrug response) - couldn't tell if the lens ring screwed off to allow
an adapter.
But no finder (Grrr...)
I'd expect it to cost around US$1.5K rrp. - I was told AU$2.5. Want
one. Now.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx