Re: [OM] 80/4 macro vs. the world.

Subject: Re: [OM] 80/4 macro vs. the world.
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 11:38:38 -0500

> Don't get me wrong, I love Oly. But I still am open to admitting there are
> other more modern lenses that are probably better in some regards. It
> doesn't diminish my love of Zuikos to admit such, though. ;-)

Some of the Zuikos have some serious "flaws" as compared to, uh, modern
lenses.  But some of those "flaws" are exploitable and become strengths.
I'd prefer the flare-free performance to modern lenses, but do appreciate
the lower contrast of the older lenses--especially for digital and B&W where
the lower contrast lenses help contain some of the dynamic range in the
scenes.

AG