[OM] DrT's news (Mil-spec(?) Olympus)

Subject: [OM] DrT's news (Mil-spec(?) Olympus)
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 11:23:50 -0400
> You've been relatively silent lately and I was concerned that you left us.

You guys are the most interesting email discussion group I have ever
joined... I will never leave you :)

I've been busy and don't have much to contribute to the topics discussed
lately, but I am reading all the postings.

I have accumulated so much Olympus OM stuff, my head is spinning just
thinking about it!  I am tired of buying :)  It is time to sort things out
and start selling.

I just ordered the new Fuji digital stereo camera.  I wrote a short review
of the camera in our stereo club's newsletter:
www.ohio3d.com/Fuji3dReview.pdf

This will be my introduction to digital stereo photography.

Tomorrow we have a stereo club meeting and it is all digital.  I will try to
enter some of the Fuji 3d pictures that I shot in less than an hour with the
camera.

Other news: I am preparing to run the Athens (Greece) marathon , November
8th.  This is very exciting for me!  I was born and grew up in Athens, not
far from the Stadium where the 1896 Olympics were held and where the
marathon finish will be. I've always been fascinated with the Olympics since
I was a kid, and with the marathon since I started running in 2001 (at the
age of 42).  Running the "Classic Marathon" (same route as the 1896 race) is
a "dream come true".  The next dream-come-true will be to run Boston in
April, the world's oldest continuously held marathon.

I am thinking of running with the Fuji camera in my hands, to document the
experience in 3d.

George