Re: [OM] 80 macro, etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] 80 macro, etc.
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 16:19:42 +0200
 From that perspective, yes. I have been looking purely at the size of
the object being photographed, and the size of the image as it's
projected
on a capture medium.

In either case, there is a huge difference between the two I think - a
Rodenstock
75mm enlarging lens is made to "photograph" an object of around 7x7cm,
and project
it to a capture medium that may be ~30x40cm.

A Zuiko Macro lens e.g. the 80/4.0 was made to photograph an area of
around
4x4cm, and to project it to a capture area the same size. Surely, the
lens designs are
totally different, and there is no comparing such an enlarging lens to
the 80/4.0
in terms of 1:1 performance, not even the best enlarging lens should
be as good, unless
it compromises resolving power for making bigger prints.

Also, since the 80/4.0 is completely symmetrical, the direction in
which it's mounted
should make no difference, save perhaps for lens coatings, etc.