Re: [OM] National Parks

Subject: Re: [OM] National Parks
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 20:52:30 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:
> I've been attempting to watch the series. Got them recording on the Satallite
> Receiver's DVR.

Yup, they will all be awaiting us upon our return.

> My problem with Ken Burns' films is that they are perfect for curing
> insomnia. As my wife says:  "The Voice!"

We were chatting in the kitchen with our last "hostess" when her husband
called that "Acadia is on!". As we were leaving for it the next morning,
we trooped in to watch. I didn't find it soporific, but our host was
drifting in and out. For this episode, at least, the narration included
many famous actors reading quotes from the historical figures.

Our first day here found us wandering sort of randomly, starting point
determined by the desire for a late breakfast. Found many lovely sights,
a couple of the best being unmarked and unheralded in maps and
guidebooks. (No, Bob, not there, yet.)

Moose