Re: [OM] (OM) Film

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Film
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:36:34 -0500

> I've been told by the owner of the local store that I am the only guy in
> town who buys film and who is not a photo student buying because the
> teacher
> makes him (I use film for my fine art photography, I graduated from art
> school 10 yrs ago!)

This is a little misleading.  In my neck of the woods, only fools and
desperate individuals would buy any film from our local camera stores.  The
prices are 75-150% higher than B&H. Everybody shooting film seriously is
getting their film from B&H (and other bulk online retailers) and their
sales are very strong.

If the local camera stores desired to have a piece of the film action, they
could. But as long as they are into "screw the customer" mode, we'll gladly
take our business elsewhere. The big camera store in Des Moines is as close
to "anti-film" as I've ever seen and if Canon were to ever cease spiffing
them, it would probably go out of business.

So, just because the local camera retailer doesn't see film sales means
little. When B&H stops selling film, then we worry.

AG