Re: [OM] MFT (and FT) tests back on Photozone

Subject: Re: [OM] MFT (and FT) tests back on Photozone
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:00:49 +0100
I take your point, Dawid, but what (philosophically) is the difference
compared to, let's say, choosing to use Velvia instead of Kodachrome (for
characteristic colour rendition), or using a compensating developer to
enhance edge contrast (and thereby increasing apparent definition), or
raising one edge of the easel to correct for perspective distortion on the
negative? None of these are generating information from nothing, but all are
exploiting such information as is available to the utmost, to produce a
result beyond what came out of the camera.  Isn't it what we have been doing
for decades?  Of course, we choose to do the manipulation - as opposed to
the system manufacturer deciding what manipulation to incorporate! Is that
the difference?

--
Piers