[OM] THANKS JOHN H! Re: Cleaning a 12-60mm

Subject: [OM] THANKS JOHN H! Re: Cleaning a 12-60mm
From: Stephen Walker <stephenpwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 12:25:31 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the reassurance that the lens was probably constructed just as I
expected.  The whole job took about 15mins and the hardest part was prying off
the front ring.  What tool do you use for that job?  There is no little keyhole
in the front ring as I've seen on other lenses so the clearance to get
something under it is pretty tight.  I used a dental-pick type tool which was
effective but left some minor cosmetic nicks on the edge of the ring.

Poor quality photos (i was more interested in staying on task than taking
photos) are posted here if anyone cares to see:

http://picasaweb.google.com/stephenpwalker/1260mmSurgery?feat=directlink

 Thanks again,

Steve