Re: [OM] 2nd roll of Double-X film shots

Subject: Re: [OM] 2nd roll of Double-X film shots
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 06:26:02 -0500
On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 6:12 AM, Joel Wilcox<jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 4:51 AM, Michael Wong<mialop@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> http://www.fotop.net/MichaelWong/Tai_O_20090830
>>
>> My 2nd roll shots of Kodak Double-X film, ISO250. The great different is the
>> temperature under controlled at 20℃ for both developer & pre-wash water. As
>> last experience, I didn't care the temperature of pre-wash water as 28℃ from
>> water tap. After pre-wash and insert 21℃ developer but the tank temperature
>> was at least 24℃, I thought. That's why the contrast is too high for last
>> experience.
>>
>> In Hong Kong summer, it's too hot as the water temperature is 27℃ ~ 30℃ from
>> water tap. It's quite difficult to control all chemicals within designted
>> temperature without air-conditioner. But who will install an air-conditioner
>> in bath room as it's not a fixed dark room?
>
> Michael,
> I thoroughly enjoyed those

Sorry .. sent before I meant it to go.

I can see that the development is contrasty, but it is almost perfect
for some scenes, and I'll bet it could be tamed in others with either
a softer paper or a little PS (a la Moose).  I actually like the look
a lot and it appears that the film has a good "toe" and holds a lot of
detail in the shadows.  The photos of the two men appear too dark --
almost more of an exposure problem than development problem -- again,
easily fixed probably.  I really enjoyed all the photos.  You have a
cat Nathan would be proud of, and the various buildings along the
shore are wonderful to view.  No 8 is one I returned to for some
reason.  I like the square building and the reflection.  Thanks for
sharing.

Joel W.