Re: [OM] CMYK and RGB

Subject: Re: [OM] CMYK and RGB
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 13:44:17 -0400
I converted some images of my daughter's church that I had taken for her
for the church publication.  They had to be converted to CMYK for the
printer.  I had never done that before but used PhotoShop and I was
pleasantly surprised that the printed brochures looked as much like my
original images as I sometimes see off my own printer.  Not perfect but
not bad either.  It was especially surprising since I had no direct
contact with the printer and never saw any proofs before the final print.

After looking at your test conversions with photos taken in unknown
white balance I'm wondering if you're expecting too much.  After all,
you don't know what the originals looked like.  I think I would ask what
software was used to do the original conversion.  See if you can use the
same software to convert (at least one) back to RGB.  If it comes back
looking like the PhotoShop conversion you know the problem is in the
original RGB image and will need some fixup in PS before final use.

Chuck Norcutt