Re: [OM] Couple quick T28 twin flash Q's

Subject: Re: [OM] Couple quick T28 twin flash Q's
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:02:05 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:
>>> Maybe it's a feature of the list, that we hadn't previously discovered ?
>>>

> Oh, how cool! However, we might want to come to a concensus as to whether we
> want to receive said objects in our list messages.  I, for one, am very much
> in favor of it.

I'm very ambivalent.

I like the idea of the immediacy of an image on screen in the message.
Yet, I don't like it because it puts the image in a poor context. You,
at least as evidenced by Zone-10, and I prefer images against a dark,
neutral background. Many of the images posted on the list are presented
in that way, but all inline images in mail will be against a white
background.

Ah, I see I can change text and background colors in Thunderbird, which
helps some. The rest of the interface remains white, though, and links
become unreadable.

My other objection may be unique. I haven't emptied the Trash folder for
list mail for years. It gives me an instant archive, which is easy to
search. With images attached to posts, that would become impractical as
the size would go right up out of sight.

I assume it would just kill those still using the Digest over slow
connections. Actually, it would impact anyone on a slow connection.

I wouldn't much like it for the month I'll be away starting in 10 days.
Maine, at least the parts we're visiting isn't rife with free Wi-Fi.
Some places don't even have cell phone coverage. A couple of places
where we are staying have high speed internet, but it'll be mostly
dial-up for me. As it is now, I can connect where I can, let Thunderbird
download messages, hang up, read at my leisure and make draft replies
off line, connection or not, and send them when again connected.

Moose