Re: [OM] Studio RAW processing was Re: Week 35 - Few Fotos for FUN

Subject: Re: [OM] Studio RAW processing was Re: Week 35 - Few Fotos for FUN
From: "Sue Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:04:32 -0500
I. also, was not a fan of lightroom.

Bill Pearce
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Olympus Camera Discussion" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 7:38 PM

Yes, it would be a crisis for me if I depended upon a convenient
workflow.  I was really sorry to give up Lightroom, but it was worth
it to get the skies back to a proper blue again.  I guess the most
convenient workflow is just to shoot jpg, which is what I will do
before I give up Studio2.

Joel W.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Chris Barker<ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've downloaded each image and converted it to my monitor's profile
> (D65) and the difference is still there, Joel and Ian.
>
> I don't think that the reds are different, just the distribution of
> light values (does that make sense? am I displaying too much ignorance
> here? :-)). And the convenience of Aperture for converting the raw
> file is so great that for me it overrides the slight difference in
> light.
>
> And I bet you could set up a preset to make it look right for you, Ian.
>
> And it's still a gorgeously colourful image ...
>
> Chris

17:52:00