Re: [OM] T45 for $200?

Subject: Re: [OM] T45 for $200?
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:23:09 -0400
Thanks for the update and advice!

The flash takes a rechargeable Ni-Cd battery pack correct?  How is it
possible to leak? (I have not seen a leaked Ni-Cd pack yet, only common
alkaline batteries.)

>  It was another reminder as to why I prefer obay to Craig's list.

You won't believe how many times I have bought flash units from ebay, only
to find them beyond repair due to battery leak.  And that's in auctions
where the buyer says that the flash works fine (never tested really).  Most
sellers apologize and offer a partial refund, but I have had one case where
the seller insisted that the unit was tested and it worked, and this was one
of the worse cases I have seen!  It was not even possible to open the
battery compartment (only with great effort) because the sliding over was
stuck due to the corrosion underneath!

George