Re: [OM] Rocky Reviews are acually pretty good

Subject: Re: [OM] Rocky Reviews are acually pretty good
From: ws <omls@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 17:38:33 -0400
At 11:48 AM 8/28/2009, you wrote:
>One thing he didn't harp on which I will, is the one-touch zoom is a real
>pain to use sometimes.  The focus is essentially short-throw, so just a
>whisper of an adjustment is enough to mess up your focus. As it is a
>one-touch, any slight adjustment to focal length will force you to adjust
>focus all over again and any adjustment of focus can mess up your desired
>focal length.  It's a vicious circle.

My experience with one-touch zoom is - never ever again. It was a style I'm
glad has faded into the past. Absolute rule for me, only a separate zoom
control, and ideally one that does not creep when aimed other than horizontal,
but that is even more rare. The OM 35-80/2/8 is perhaps the best of my
experiences, and why I still own one. Only the OM 65-200 came close to
OK, and I did not keep the fabled 50-250 long enough to appreciate its fame.

WayneS