Re: [OM] Quick question: Winder 2 plug, 2.5mm?

Subject: Re: [OM] Quick question: Winder 2 plug, 2.5mm?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 14:32:03 -0400
Yes, if you saw the illustrations and the parts specs for the lightning
detector <http://www.petroglyph.crestline.ca.us/node/20> you can see
that the completed box just plugs into the winder's trigger socket.  The
parts list calls for a 3/32" phone plug which the text notes is the same
as 2.5mm.  But looking at the Pentax remote on ebay I see that it's a
stereo mini plug vs. mono on the Winder 2.  The stereo on the Pentax is,
I assume to provide independent control for focus and shutter.  It's not
clear (to me) that the Pentax stereo connector's shutter control would
line up properly for the contact in the mono jack on the Winder 2.
Someone else may say it doesn't really matter, maybe there's contact
along the full length.  I just don't know.  However, if it didn't work
on the first pass you could just switch wires at the plug or inside the
control.

Chuck Norcutt