Re: [OM] Olympus T28 Twin Macro flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus T28 Twin Macro flash
From: "Clay Nichols" <Clay.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:49:04 -0400
I have tried to use them in the past. But it is like using a flashlight to
outline where a nuclear is blast is going to be. You either know where your
light is going to go and in what ratio or you don't. If you don't know, burn
thru a couple of rolls of test shots keeping careful records. Much more useful
than the modeling lights. But the those little lights are cute. And if do
decide to use the lights, be careful. That little switch on the flash head is
not very sturdy.

>>> "DrT (George Themelis)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx> 08/22/09 10:22 AM >>>
> Johann Thorson specifies 2 x coaxial power plugs (size "M"; RadioShack
> #274-1569) in the link I posted earlier.

Thanks...

> Using them as lights for focusing is part of what they are designed for -
> the other being to assess the alignemtn of the two lights prior to flash
> exposure. They are not intended to be used for the exposure itself.

Yes, I knew that, but why is Clay calling them "useless"? I thought maybe
the useless part was the "assess the alignment part" so I am saying that
just lighting the subject should be useful, right?

George