Re: [OM] IMG: My second roll of film in 2009

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: My second roll of film in 2009
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 14:34:50 -0400
Hi Nathan,

> What really amazes me about our economy is that there are suppliers
> who can address even the most obscure market niche. I had no idea that
> someone out there was making Siamese twin Bessa R cameras--amazing!

Yes.... This company (RBT, in Germany) has been making Siamesed cameras for
20 years now.  But they only make a dozen or so cameras in each run,
depending on the demand.  My guess is that they have sold maybe 100 of the
Zeiss stereo cameras, for example.  So, the market is really small.  Despite
the economy, it is not hard to find 100 people willing to pay for this
custom work.  The company also makes other products, including plastic
stereo mounts, which are in high demand.

George