Re: [OM] You know you are in Iowa...

Subject: Re: [OM] You know you are in Iowa...
From: "Clay Nichols" <Clay.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:33:32 -0400
Is this Heaven? No. It's Iowa.

>>> Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx> 8/16/2009 9:24 AM >>>
You are an economist, correct?  No offense intended, but I'm surprised
you would characterize an issue so nuanced quite so broadly.  Isn't it
quite complex, since it involves food supply and who controls what and
how whole countries compete in the world for markets?  It has nothing
to do with welfare other than the fact that governments are involved.
Domestic sources of food are literally of biblical significance in the
scheme of things.  What actually is more fundamental?  I'm quite
certain that no one would care about a small family farmer if there
weren't something distinctly chilling about corporations controlling
food supply  Sorry if I'm missing something here.  I'm not learned in
this area.

Joel W.