Re: [OM] IMG: Sitges/Barcelona

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Sitges/Barcelona
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 15:55:30 -0700
Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> ... On the way I stopped in the beach town of Sitges.  It was a quick trip,
> the 34 picturs I show here are the result of a couple of hours in Sitges and
> then an evening on the Rambla. Those of you who do know the two towns will
> hopefully see something interesting; those who are familiar with them will
> hopefully enjoy seeing them through my lens:
>
> http://www.frozenlight.eu/barca082009/

I did indeed enjoy them. Lots to admire here. One hands down winner,
Wonderment on the Rambla. I do like a closer crop, to focus on the
primary subject/drama.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Wajsman/SitgesBarcelona&image=20090801_L1006457a.jpg>

In the next image, I also tried bringing the eye to the girl a bit more
by making her slightly sharper than anything else.

I've always been interested in the rendition of surface texture, and
perhaps more so of late. In any case, I couldn't resist this one.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Wajsman/SitgesBarcelona&image=20090801_L1006415aiia.jpg>

Something about the combination of focal and background distances give a
slightly uneasy bokeh in both Plaza de Cataluña images that I didn't
notice elsewhere.

It seemed to me that a few images with shadows could benefit from
opening them up. For example.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Wajsman/SitgesBarcelona&image=20090801_L1006418aia.jpg>

In all cases, the original is there too, for comparison. Once all
versions have been accessed and are in your cache, a roll-over effect is
possible with the Alt-Arrow keys.

Moose