Re: [OM] ( OM ) OM1 (or Pen?) variant to be seen

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OM1 (or Pen?) variant to be seen
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 21:55:55 +1200
Hi all,

To respond to a few comments / queries.

Dean's site under the name of Razzle  can be found by doing a Google
search for Obsession 617.

At one stage he had prices in there. Perhaps he still has; I have not looked
recently.

Last year he announced that he would be closing his order book for a period
I don't recall; this was about October 2008.  I got my order in prior to that
date.  He said to me it would help if I got the lens, and he suggested
specifications.   I did, but when I got it to him, he found that the rear
element
was very much greater in diameter than similar Super-Angulon 90mm
models he has previously seen. He offered me a Rodenstock Granadon
(spelling?) 115mm as a swap. I accepted, and it is on the body now. I
suspect a shorter focal length would suit me better, but in the circumstances
I am prepared to live with whatever turns up.

I am mindful that he:

Has a full time job as manager of a big photo shop
Has a wife
Also makes guitars
Also is involved with dog breeding
Likes a social life including going to gigs
as well as making (lots of) rather special large format cameras.

So I have been and am prepared to be patient, and if it takes a year from Go
to Whoa, so be it.

Brian Swale.